Aug 12, 2007

Tupiov

Don't even try to Google it because as I found out this weekend at a dinner party hosted by my sister and brother-in-law that this is in fact a made up word. They enjoy taking the run of the mill dinner party and switching it up a bit. The basic gist of this occasion is that they provided a very nice set up including three tables for two (there were three couples), yummy appetizers and drinks, and a sit down 8 course dinner.

When we sat down at our respective tables, were asked to fill out a sheet complete with 8 courses, only the catchy part is that the 8 courses were all in a made up language just as the name of the dinner party, Tupiov. We were each to fill out our own sheet, without "borrowing" any answers from any of our neighbors. Once our answers were turned in, my sister Laurie, the Executive Chef for the night, and my brother-in-law Adam, the matrade for the night, began to bring out the courses in the order we selected them. The 8 courses were as followed: knife, fork, spoon, bread, salad, main dish, desert, and of course the mint and toothpick.

Now if you have an imagination, you can see how it may be if you were served the main course first, without any silverware! Thankfully, nobody did that exactly, but my first two choices were the knife and the main dish....so you guessed it, I ate my pasta and chicken with a knife....it just gave me a good excuse to slurp my noodles.

Here is a picture of the my main course, and my trusty butter knife! It was a fun night with some family, and hats off to the hosts who threw a wonderful party.

No comments: